Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blog Process - "Pimp My Blog"

Creating this blog was a bit of a challenge for me. I guess I've been so used to using Facebook that all of this was really confusing and unfamiliar. The whole HTML code and profile editing reminded me of when I created my first Myspace account in middle school. I like this though, its kind of like an online journal thats easier to customize (if you can figure out how to do it.)

In the beginning of the process I had trouble figuring out how to edit the title of my blog, change my small profile picture, and create posts. I'm usually terrible at following directions, but I managed to look everything up on google and figure it out from there.

I chose to make my first blog simple. I found the background on a website called shabbyblogs.com. I wanted my background to be one of scenery because I've always liked having scenic backgrounds on my computer desktops, phone backgrounds, etc. Especially ones of tropical places because I'm naturally drawn to anything having to do with beaches, palm trees and ocean. I live by the ocean and love traveling to new tropical places. New Hampshire may not be the tropics but I guess its the closest thing I have to it. I thought the overall layout of my blog portrayed me well. I posted pictures on my blog of the things that were most important to me, which is family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment