Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Blog Critique

The blog I chose to critique is called Smitten Kitchen (URL: http://smittenkitchen.com/ ). I knew that I wanted to find a blog about cooking, because lately that's what I've been most interested in. I'm not a good cook, but now that I'm living in my first apartment this year, I think its a great opportunity to become one since I have a kitchen. So I typed in Google, "cooking blogs" and found this one. It was hard to find any thing bad about this blog because I liked almost everything about it.

Pros:

  • The food looks amazing. The homepage has pictures that seem to be almost professional of foods that the author, Deb, has been making along with step-by-step directions on how to make them. Some include butterscotch pudding popsicles and almond crisp peaches.
  • The blog is organized. There are different links on the side of the page for every season, which contain recipes for foods most people would enjoy for that season. It also has separate links for vegetables and fruits, containing recipes following the two different groups. Deb's "About Me"is organized by separate links as well, explaining the different aspects of her life and cooking. For example there is a section about the kitchen which she spends most her time experimenting with foods and another section about her family which she considers her inspiration.
  • Lots of information. This blog has tons of recipes coming from all different food groups. When I clicked on the recipe index there was so many to choose from I didn't know which to click on first. 
Cons:

  • The decorating of this blog is a little boring. The colors involved are a little plain and almost too simple, making it seem less inviting and appealing. 
  • The blog only consist of text and pictures. It would be nice if it had a little more to offer, like videos of her making her recipes or of any other food related entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment